Durant facing the Spurs
Tough matchup tonight between two contenders for the West Conference . With the short season, it’s absolutely mandatory for the playoffs team to get the edge in the direct games against their contenders.While the Spurs have a chance to even the season series and add to their league-best 12-1 home mark, they’re already looking forward to improving their 3-8 road record when their nine-game trek starts Monday versus Memphis.
“We got to find a way to win on the road. That’s the bottom line. “We’re going to have enough opportunities coming up soon.”
Parker finished with four points and seven assists last month in Oklahoma City after leaving midway through the third quarter for an undisclosed reason.
Parker is seven assists shy of passing Avery Johnson’s franchise record of 4,475.
Russell Westbrook averaging 28.3 points, 6.5 assists and 4.5 rebounds over the last four games, had 13 points and five assists in 25 minutes last month versus San Antonio. He rested the fourth quarter with the other Thunder starters as they became the first team this season to win three games in as many nights.
Ten NBA stats to consider for this game:
1. Thunder are 2-5 ATS in the last 7 meetings.
2. Thunder are 4-10-1 ATS in the last 15 meetings in San Antonio.
3. Spurs are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games vs. a team with a winning S.U. record.
4. Spurs are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games overall.
5. Spurs are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 vs. Western Conference.
6. Spurs are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 home games.
7. Spurs are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games as a home favorite.
8. Spurs are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games as a home favorite of 0.5-4.5.
9. Spurs are 11-3-1 ATS in their last 15 home games vs. a team with a road winning % of greater than .600.
10. Spurs are 7-2 ATS in their last 9 when their opponent scores 100 points or more in their previous game.
The San Antonio Spurs defeated the Oklahoma City Thunder last season in their first game back from their annual rodeo trip. High posibility to have this scenario repeated again today.
Another victory over the Thunder could give the Southwest Division-leading Spurs plenty of momentum heading into this season’s lengthy stretch away from home.
Click here to bet at Sports Interaction today’s free NBA pick :
San Antonio Spurs – 3 @ 1,91