LA Clippers at SA Spurs
Tonight’s NBA free pick is from San Antonio, where, the new Clippers , as I like to call them , face the home team Spurs, for their 2nd game of the season.
Seems that it’s a game of new vs old.
Clippers with the acquisitions of four-time All-Star Chris Paul and Chauncey Billups, plus starting small forward Caron Butler along with the fearless Blake Griffin , against the old features San Antonio’s backcourt tandem of Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili, plus Tim Duncan, who is in his 15th and possibly last season in the NBA.
The Clippers have not won in San Antonio in almost 10 years. Despite their advancing age, the Spurs won 61 games last season and won’t be pushovers in the Western Conference. The Spurs forced 25 turnovers in their 95-82 victory over Memphis in the opener Monday. The Clippers pulled away from Golden State for a 105-86 victory in their opener on Christmas. Paul had 20 points and nine assists.
It might look like a gamble to take the Clips on this considering that it’s been 10 years since their last victory in SA, but the way they look , there’s no doubt in who’s the best NBA underdog of the night.
Here are a few important NBA stats considering the Spurs :
• Spurs are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games following a S.U. win.
• Spurs are 1-4-1 ATS in their last 6 games vs. a team with a winning % above .600.
• Spurs are 1-5-1 ATS in their last 7 games as a favorite.
• Spurs are 1-8-1 ATS in their last 10 games overall.
• Spurs are 1-8-1 ATS in their last 10 vs. Western Conference.
• Spurs are 0-5 ATS in their last 5 games as a favorite of 0.5-4.5.
• Spurs are 0-5-1 ATS in their last 6 when their opponent scores 100 points or more in their previous game.
Tonight’s free NBA pick is :
Take the Clippers -4,5 @ 1,91 only at NBA betting at Sports Interaction