NBA tips jan 9th
No break today so we gonna come up with some strong plays for today Jan 9th.
After some weird results yesterday , NBA is offering some nice games today .
Atlanta vs. Cleveland
James opened 2008 with 36 points, 32 in the second half, in Cleveland’s win over Atlanta.
The Cavs have won 13 of their last 15 over the Hawks, including six straight in Atlanta.
– Road team is 7-1 ATS in the last 8 meetings
– ATL lost by 4 as 5pt dogs in Ohio on January 2nd
– It is an utter mismatch at the forward positions and center tonight
– After ATL’s 5 game winning streak they are currently on a 4 game losing streak SU and 1-3 ATS
– Cavs are 4-1 in their last 5 games as an underdog (18-6 ATS as a dog of 0.5 – 4.5)
– Cavs are 6-0 ATS in their last 6 trips to Philips Arena
– ATL is 3-0 on 3 days rest but I don’t see them pouncing on the Cavs as Toronto did early on Sunday
Looks like the Cavs are pretty hot so :
Take Cleveland +2,5 @ 1.97 only at Pinnacle
Toronto vs. Philadelphia
The Raptors blew a 20-point lead and lost 93-90 to Cleveland on Sunday. It was the Raptors’ third straight home loss and dropped them to 8-8 there.
The 76ers return to the road after falling 87-83 to Milwaukee at home on Tuesday. Philadelphia, which went 2-4 on its longest road trip of the season prior to Tuesday, will try to avoid a season-high fifth straight loss.
Both of these teams are struggling badly. Philly just lost to a battered Bucks team, and managed to shoot only 40% on 80 shots at home. They pounded the paint for 52 points and added 19 FT’s which has actually been % 73 of their overall points in the last 4 games (67.2ppg). Now where do the Raptors struggle the most? Scoring in the paint and getting to the free throw line. The Raptors have been getting a little better recently in those categories, but still struggle with rebounding.
It s hard to bet against the Raptors on this one but , Philly is desperate for a good game and now it s a good timing for them . Two plays for this game .
Take Philly +8,5 @ 1,95 and also under 187 @ 2,00 only at Pinnacle
Dallas vs. Detroit
Dallas had the league’s best record last season at 67-15, while Detroit led the East with 53 wins.
The Pistons will have to deal with another good team in the Mavericks, who are playing better lately thanks in part to the resurgence of Dirk Nowitzki. The sharpshooting forward got off to a slow start, scoring less than 20 points in 11 of his first 24 games, but lately has played more like he did during his MVP season in 2006-07.
Nowitzki is averaging 25.6 points and 9.2 rebounds in his last 10 games . I see him dominating tonight s game … there s a big revenge going on here after what happened last season ( The Pistons won in Dallas last season, and have gone 9-1 in their last 10 road games. )
Detroit had their 11-game win streak snapped with a 92-85 home loss to Boston on Saturday , which dropped them four games behind the Celtics.
I ll stick with the Mavs on this one , so :
Take Dallas -2,5 @1,99 only at Pinnacle
* If you want , you can modify the actual line by adding or retrieving points , option availble at Pinnacle a very useful way to maximize the profit *